First off today I woul'd like to say hello to everyone that reads this email

First off today I would like to say hello to everyone that reads this email.
This week was pretty good. . However it didn’t look like it would be at first.
One of my past companion room mates who is an American, said to me
one time when we were on a split, that the time that you don’t really know
the language and you don’t really know what is going on, is a really nice
time on the mission. I thoroughly disagreed at the time but he insisted that
later when you learn the language and know what is going on you will be
worried about other things like the people that you are teaching and how you
will fulfill your goals and things like that.
Now as I’m learning the language better and I understand the worries and
problems that our investigators have it is becoming more and more stressful
when people reject the love you are trying to share with them.

Second chapter.... to the Arlindo and Neri story...
We called the other day to confirm that they would need a ride to church on
Sunday. Neri picked up and said that they would́t be going anymore. She
said that Arlindo didn’t want to go anymore either, but she has told us, in that
way before, and Arlindo was very interested and excited about the church.
Neri is afraid of what her parents would think of her changing churches
again. So we will stop by there this week and Elder Munaro said that he
wants to impress to them a little in the sense of `you already know that this is
true and if you don’t continue in the right way you will not receive the blessings of the
Celestial kingdom.`
So wait for another chapter on that story. .. but maybe this is the end.
Yeah I guess this is a problem in this world. Being on a mission it is hard
to see so many people reject what you know would change their life for the
better, and maybe prevent a lot of problems that they would have otherwise
come across. Many people come so close to changing their lives but they lose
faith. So many times we come across pass along cards on the ground, or
ripped up in the gutter ( like yesterday):) or people just flat out reject
us and say that they already know the truth, or already have a religion, or
just don’t have time. These things are very sad but I have already decided
that my entire two years here in Brazil away from my life, already have been
worth it just from the baptism of Sonia Vander and Thais and later,
Wangleyson. What a great family.
So the story of my service project a couple of weeks ago goes a little like this:
Elder Munaro and I went to a member’s house to help her clean her pool. When
We got there was about a foot of water in the pool that looked like
sewer water. Their pump had broken and they needed to get all the water out
in order to fix it. So we used buckets to bail out the pool. It took 2 hours
and we were dead afterwards and still had a whole week to work until P Day
again. Its been two weeks and I don’t think I’ve recovered fully.
Dad, Happy Birthday this week I hope you have a good one, and I hope you get
my letter I sent to you for your birthday.
I love you all and hope you enjoy the pictures I Sent one of the jungle next
to my house. And one of me messing around with the suspenders you guys sent…
elder Munaro found this hilarious.
See ya

Elder Andrew Hyte

No comments:

Post a Comment