Jamie sent an e mail to me the other day and asked about having to
have passed seminary to serve in brazil. It is very true about the seminary
thing. You have to have passed seminary and have been active in all your
quorums in church. I had to have many papers signed by the bishop and stake
president, and then gotten notarized to become official government documents
stating that I am an authorized minister of the church of Jesus Christ of
latter day saints. I have a little ministerial certificate that I have in my
pocket, that I have to carry around at all times. Interesting huh?
Well I hope your Holidays were awesome. Sounds like the kids got a bunch of
cool presents. I think I’ll be receiving my Christmas presents later this
week. I don’t get packages or mail till the 6 week transfers because I
am so far away from mission HQ.
To mom Ím doing fine now health wise. And it has even been a little cooler
for the last couple of days. Because we had a huge rain storm on new years
eve. We made Churrasca again on new years eve and we were very lucky to have
a little over hang from the roof of our house so that the meat in the
churrascaria the barbeque didn’t get wet. It was authentic Brazilian like
they do it at that restraint in Salt Lake I forget the name. We had 5 pounds
of meat between the 4 of us. And I made a cake. I realized I did́t have the
stuff for a frosting and they dońt sell frosting in a cup at stores here,
so I used my head and figured out how to make a pineapple upside-down cake.
It was delicious and perfect. We had a bottle of sparkling cider that we
popped at midnight too. Oh yeah and we bought Monopoly to play until
midnight. And New years day was P Day. So we got to nap during the day. So
New Years was a lot better than Christmas. We had P Day on New Years because
everyone, EVERYONE gets drunk on New Years eve and it was just not worth
going out. Even when we went out after 6 pm they were all still drunk.
People drink here like they found out what beer was yesterday. There is a
little bar on every street some times there are two right across from
each other. I wonder how peoplés livers are doing here?
That’s great that you got a big scholarship. I guess all that hard work is
paying off huh? Good Job. I know that yoúll be blessed during these two
years. And yoúll have to keep me up to date on your schooling like what
classes, which ones are hard and which are interesting.
Oh and keep me up to date on what Paul is doing after high school he needs
to be thinking about that right now. Have him write me an e-mail about that
stuff this week. Oh and Paul find out how to tell when an Avocado is ripe to
pick off the tree. Íve picked couples that just are not ripe. Its not the
same as at the store, and it looks like the seeds are not solid yet. But the
fruit is as big as two fists. I wanna make some freaking guacamole! I
hear that Abacaci ( Avocado) juice is pretty good too.
I sent a letter last week with my address on the back so you can write to
that address, but send all packages to the HQ because there is a risk of theft. Transfers
are this week so If I somehow am transferred, then you wont sent me anything
to Campo Grande. Ta BoM? Ok .
Dad that was a very good Idea to just check my email account cause there
have been other times when stuff is rejected like that so If that happens
again just be sure to check my sent items box.
Ok well I hope You all have a great week and I Hope School goes well for you
and Ím glad to hear That Alex is having fun at College, And I have some
advice for him. Have all the fun you can have this year. You want to
remember having fun while you are on your mission. And I have heard from
many sources that it is almost impossible to get anything higher than a C in
calculus at BYU. Well Familia, I love you and Hope all goes well this week.
I love you very much and Íll see you in 21 months! lol
Love Elder Andrew Hyte
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment